PROFICIENCY IN FAST RESCUE BOATS
This course provides training in fast rescue boats and is based on the provisions of table A-VI/2-2 of the STCW Code.
Obtaining: 24 hours
Update: 8 hours
Contents and practice:
- Taking charge of a fast rescue boat during and after launch
- Turning of a capsized fast rescue boat
- Handling a fast rescue boat in prevailing weather and sea conditions
- Use of communication and signalling equipment between the fast rescue boat, a helicopter and a ship
- Carrying out search patterns
- Use of the emergency equipment carried
- Recovering a casualty from the water and transferring to a rescue helicopter, or to a ship or safe place.